I have had my own Boutique Tour Operating company for 11 years and built my destination knowledge as a Swiss German Tourism Journalist. I have been involved in Southern African tourism for the past 24 years
Where are your offices located and can you help clients that don’t live locally?
African Twist Travel is based in Fish Hoek, Cape Town, but as we run an online business we connect with our clients from all over the world by email and phone. We assist them in German, Swedish and English. When our travel clients are in Cape Town we meet up with them which is always very special.
We guide our clients with information so that they know what they need to arrange beforehand.
The Kruger National Park is such a special wilderness area which should be experienced for at least 3 nights, in order to be fully immersed in the bush. If the budget allows it, a longer stay is definitely worth it. A big 5 Safari is the highlight of every Southern African stay!
- If you are absolute nature lovers: Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, Whale Coast, South Africa
- For a majestic luxury safari experience: Matetsi Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- To experience the bush, without breaking the bank: the unusual Garonga Safari Camp, Greater Kruger, South Africa
- For glamour in the desert: AndBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge, Sossusvlei, Namibia
- And mountain enthusiasts will be in their element at: Cederberg Ridge Wilderness Lodge, Cederberg, South Africa
Your top 5 tips for couples planning their honeymoon
1. Work with a local travel expert. Their guidance and expertise is invaluable, now even more so during covid-19 as travel regulations keep changing. If you want it to be a perfect honeymoon, trust the expert.
2. Start planning early. Popular honeymoon destinations get booked up well in advance.
3. Choose a honeymoon destination that speaks to both of you. Don’t go to a destination just because it is “in”.
4. An unforgettable honeymoon does not automatically have to mean five star luxury. Southern Africa offers incredibly romantic lodges which won’t hurt your wallet.
5. If your honeymoon is straight after your Big Day I recommend a destination where you can unwind from all the festivities and start your first days as a married couple in a relaxed way.
If you would like to get in touch with Gisela, you can pop over to her website: